May 06 2020
Flaggerade is seeking qualified individuals that can perform Prompt, Dependable & Friendly flagging service associated with the protection of our partners in the work zone.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds repeatedly and the ability to move/travel long distances within work zones.
- Possesses strong problem solving and communication skills to understand specific needs in the work zone.
- Ability to read and understand instructions, plans and maps of work zone locations.
- Flexibility to work varying shifts, including nights and weekends.
- Excellent attendance and dependable transportation required.
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- ATSSA Flagger Certification preferred but not required.
- No experience necessary. Training and Development will be provided.
- Set-up barricades/cones and related signage to provide a safe flagging work environment for our partners in the work zone.
- Driving to and from designated work zones with all equipment necessary to provide a safe work zone.
- Document and communicate with dispatch, operations and customers with regards to equipment utilized and proper location of set-up.
- Maintain job sites and equipment to ensure the highest quality set-ups and also maintain The Trafficade Way.
- Be able to read and understand specific plans and instructions in order to exceed customer’s expectation.
- Be able to make field adjustments and corrections to make the project safe for the customer, municipality, motoring public and pedestrians going through the work zone.
- Perform pre and post-trip vehicle/equipment inspections.
- Possess and wears required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) equipment. PPE Equipment includes: Steel/Composite Toed Boots, Type 3 Reflective Vest, Hard Hat, Eye Protection, Gloves and any other necessary equipment required. (Some PPE provided).
Work Zone Environment and Physical Demands:
During a typical day/night while performing your job duties, you can expect to be exposed to:
- Working in live traffic on the roadways.
- Moving equipment at a fast pace in order to get the work zone established in a timely manner.
- Outside weather conditions throughout the year, including extreme heat.
- Loud noises.
- Pedestrian traffic.
- Demanding customers, inspectors and others involved with the work zone.
- Constant physical activity; entering and exiting vehicles, climbing onto flatbeds, twisting and bending.